This fall, show your kids that pumpkins aren’t just for carving. Here are some nutritious and yummy recipes you can share with your family.
Naomi’s Pumpkin Soup
* 6 cups chicken broth
* 1 cup chopped carrots
* 1 or 2 stalks of celery
* 1/4-1/2 white onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 2 fresh thyme stalks, chopped
* 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
* 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
* 2 cups of pumpkin puree
Nutmeg to taste
* 1 teaspoon chopped oregano, optional
* 1 teaspoon chopped basil, optional
Cook carrots, celery and onion in about 2 cups of chicken broth. When veggies are soft, puree them with garlic, thyme and parsley.
Add carrot puree to the remaining 4 cups of chicken broth. Add 2 cups of pumpkin puree and heat to a boil, then reduce heat, add heavy cream, salt and pepper, nutmeg and optional oregano and basil. Heat thoroughly. Serve hot.
More Recipes to Try With Your Kids